The expression “thank you for your continued support” is used to display appreciation & gratitude for past and current assistance. It does not imply the guarantee of future support. This saying is frequently seen in different business partnerships and various professional arenas.
It is a common misconception that writers think it is ok to say “thank you for your continuous support”. As well explain in this post, this is not grammatically correct.
There are several synonyms that can be used for the phrase “thank you for your continued support” including “we appreciate your ongoing assistance” or “Your continued backing means a lot to us”.
In this article, we’ll further explain the definition of the expression “thank you for your continued support”, clarify its usage, provide real-world examples, suggest synonyms, and explore its origins.
What Does “Thank You For Your Continued Support” Mean?
“Thank you for your continued support” is a phrase that conveys gratitude to someone for their ongoing assistance, encouragement, or loyalty. It is used to show appreciation for past support of a cause, relationship, or endeavor.
Here are some common contexts the phrase “thank you for your continued support” can be used.
- Personal Context. Used to show appreciation to family & friends for their support.
- Professional Settings. Used to acknowledge consistent business from a client. It can even be used to end an email as well!
- Non-Profit Organizations. Used to send gratitude to donors or volunteers.
Is It Continous support or Continued Support?
The correct phrase is “continued support.” “Continuous support” is not grammatically correct because it implies ongoing or uninterrupted support into the future. In most cases it is not appropriate to make such an assumption.
The expression “continued support” refers specifically to the support that has been provided consistently in the past. It is a way of showing thanks for past support or help.
How Do You Use “Thank You For Your Continued Support” In A Sentence?
Here are 5 examples of how you can expressing gratitude for continued support.
- As we celebrate our company’s 10th anniversary, we want to express our heartfelt gratitude to all our loyal customers. Thank you for your continued support throughout the years.
- Our school’s success in the recent academic competition is a testament to the dedication of our students and the unwavering commitment of our teachers. Thank you for your continued support in nurturing excellence.
- Non-profit organizations like ours thrive because of individuals like you who believe in our mission and generously contribute. Thank you for your continued support, which allows us to make a difference in the community.
- In these challenging times, your contributions to the local food bank have been a lifeline for those in need. Thank you for your continued support, which ensures that families in our community have access to essential resources.
- Our team’s achievements this season would not have been possible without the dedication of our fans. Thank you for your continued support both on and off the field.
Just like we saw in our recent analysis of the phrase which of the following, writers need to have an understanding of the context to pick the correct vocabulary.
What Are Synonyms For “Thank You For Your Continued Support”?
Below is a list of synonyms that can be used in place of the phrase “thank you for your continued support”.
- “We appreciate your ongoing assistance.”
- “Your continued backing means a lot to us.”
- “We’re grateful for your sustained support.”
- “Thank you for your unwavering commitment.”
- “Your consistent help is greatly valued.”
Synonyms are a great way to add variety to your different forms of writing. There are many different ways to say thank you, so be sure to pick a unique one! We also saw the power of synonyms in our analysis of a similar phrase “thank you for your cooperation“.
Where Did The Phrase “Thank You For Your Continued Support” Originate?
The phrase “Thank you for your continued support” is not tied to a specific origin. For hundreds of years, this expression has been used in various social and professional contexts to convey gratitude for past assistance.
Just like we saw in our analysis of the meaning of “I would love to”, many phrases do not have a specific origin. These types of phrases have likely evolved over time as part of polite and appreciative communication in human interactions.
The words “continued support” have been used together in a phrase for many years. In fact, Google’s NGram data shows accounts of this saying being used back into the 1800s. However, since the mid 1980s this expression has become far more popular in various forms of published writing. But just like we saw in our analysis of the words we were or we was, the popularity of vocabulary can change fast!
Frequently Asked Questions
For a sports team, “Thank you for your continued support” typically means expressing gratitude to their fans, sponsors, and stakeholders for consistently backing the team through attendance, merchandise purchases, and overall loyalty.
For a non-profit organization, “Thank you for your continued support” signifies appreciation for donors, volunteers, and supporters who have consistently contributed their time, money, or resources to help the organization achieve its mission.
The Bottom Line
By now you should be an expert on the saying “thanks for the continued support”. This phrase is a polite way of thanking friends or clients for lending a helping hand. It can be used correctly in personal, professional, or non-profit contexts. However, it is not correct to say “continuous support” in this context as it implies future support. Consider using our own Grammarcheck Tool if you need more grammar help like this!